We are as busy as EVER...it seems like life will never slow down these days...
Nathan is a full time pre-schooler. We had a thirty day evaluation with the preschool and he did NOT qualify as "special needs" because his verbal skills are through the roof. However, they want him to stay on as a "typical" child so we're all for that. We have to pay tuition every month, but with all the improvements we've seen in him in the last month, it is so worth it!
I also met with the psychologist at Phoenix Children's last Friday to go over the testing she did with Nathan a week and a half ago. It was good news...In her opinion Nathan does have sensory processing disorder, but thinks preschool will help with most of those issues. On paper, Nathan scores high for autism, but does not have any of the traits in person (if that makes sense). Children with SPD may not always be autistic, but SPD falls on the autism scale. If we still notice things in his behavior we'll have him tested again around age five for Asperger's. He does have some OCD traits which explains so much about him.
On to good news...Nathan is very bright (which most of you know) but his test scores reveal his intelligence. Normal range for children are scores between 90 -110. Nathan always scored 100 or above and for verbal/language comprehension he scored a 130-135. He is very smart. I do not want to brag about how bright he is because these scores gives me a true insight to how he processes his world, with being so bright, in understanding, manipulating and visualizing. With SPD his senses are on overload yet he's always processing and learning on a higher level then most preschoolers which just makes his whole little world so hard sometimes.
Overall, meeting with the doctor just confirmed our decision to keep him in preschool. For Nathan, it is the best place he can be!
OK - As I posted previously, I am working at Queen Creek High School as the Drama teaching assistant...or as a Stage Manager. It has been so FUN! I love the high school kids and I love the show we're doing... you'll have to Google "A Thousand Cranes play" to learn more about it. So in addition to stage manager I have also become an assistant director and costume designer. I'm doing what I love and it makes the work fun...I just wish I got paid more.
My fingerprint clearance card came back in the mail for me to get RE-fingerprinted. ARGH! The officer at the Florence jail did not do a good job, so I have to go back to jail this week...then I can start substitute teaching in 15-30 days when I get my card in the mail.
Brady is working hard and picking up a ton of overtime at Verizon. He's also getting his A+ certification (I don't know what that is, but its good for working with computers). He'll probably pick up a second job delivering pizza's around here...so if you know anyone hiring...
Sophie is a mommy's girl...I can't leave her sight without her fussing. I completely bonded with this girl from day one and she won't let me forget it. :) She's is my doll baby and is moving and grooving...however, not crawling. She prefers to roll everywhere and Nathan likes to give her a push around the family room when she's rolling. She rarely fusses at him, they are two peas in a pod!
There are days I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off...I am in a juggling act with a GAZILLION balls in the air, hoping to make it through this still able to breath. One day I'll look back thankful to have gone what I'm going through and double thankful I'll never go through it again.
2 comments:
Your Sophie is more like eye candy. She's so cute! Hang in there!
Hey Lola!!! I just noticed on Ruthann's blog that you had one to, I didn't know that!! It's adorable, your family is so cute!! I'm glad I saw you had one so I can check it out!!!
Post a Comment