Monday, September 15, 2008

COME SEE "A Thousand Cranes" THIS WEEKEND

WARNING!! SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MY SHOW!

A Thousand Cranes

Friday, September 19 @ 7 PM
Saturday, September 20 @ 2 PM & 7 PM

Tickets: $8 for adults; $5 for children, students & seniors

At the Queen Creek Performing Arts Center
22149 E Ocotillo RdQueen Creek, AZ 85242

Okay, I have been slaving away on a labor of love called "A Thousand Cranes" for Queen Creek High School Theatre. I really love the show and all the kids I'm working with.

I signed up to stage manage, but have ended up assistant directing, costume designing, prop making, hair and make-up designing, training an assistant stage manager, set building...all in all a complete labor of love.
The drama teacher is a really fabulous guy and great director, but he's getting pooped out. He puts in so much to each show to barely get an audience to turn up. He's not LDS and has not the best impression of the LDS community, or Christian community either and believes that the comunity of Queen Creek will not support a drama, let alone a story about a Japanese girl from the 1950's.
I emplore the readers of this blog...my friends...to PLEASE prove him wrong! The show is a Children's Theatre piece, so bring your kids! Heck, its way cheaper and closer than going to a movie!! If you ever want to do something nice for me...COME SEE MY SHOW! I promise, I won't ask another favor...until my next show rolls around!
Get a HUGE, GIANT, ENORMOUS group together and head over to the QCPAC this weekend! I promise it will be great!!
Here are two costumes I designed and made - Grandmother & Sadako!
....And if all my pleading isn't enough...come see the show or I make Brady wear the Grandmother wig FOREVER!

Well, maybe not forever (I've got a dramatic flair)...but until I get this head thing to stay put!

1 comment:

Christine said...

so please disregard the invite I left on your door this morning :) in my own defence I did book the stupid thing months ago (i dont know how i get sucked into those things)
The show does look Fabulous! We used to go all the time when Erics brothers performed and the kids loved them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails