Saturday, October 16, 2010

If you can read...

I had a PROUD moment as a mother tonight before Nathan went to bed. He came downstairs after his bath with the book "Are You My Mother?" and I assumed I would be reading it to him before bed, as is our routine.

I was wrong...
My little five year old boy sat and read the ENTIRE book all by himself outloud, he needed help with three words (something, happened & there). YES ALL 64 PAGES!! Not only did he read the book, but he paused at the right moments and he had inflection in his speaking and used character voices.

If my heart could have escaped from my chest from bursting full of pride then it would have! We've been reading to him since he was a baby, we read to Sophie and to Carter and tonight proved how important it has been and the impact it has made.

My Nathan is so bright and intelligent...he's not perfect and we have our difficulties...but I'm one proud mama! I'm a HUGE reader and its one trait I want my kids to have...if you can read you can do anything!

1 comment:

Mama Nut said...

totally totally totally agree. Your kids are blessed that they have a mother who reads to them. (And a daddy,too!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails