I am very excited to be able to spend time at home with Nathan before Sophie comes. And I love Christmas, so I'm already working on holiday crafts and was looking forward to a stress free last eight weeks. HA!
Wednesday, the 21st... 6:45 am the phone rings while I'm still in bed, it's Brady who left for work fifteen minutes earlier telling me he was in a car accident about five miles from our house. He's not use to driving in morning traffic and rear ended the car in front of him. He's totally fine, although lucky I haven't killed him. j/k So Wednesday was spent dealing with the accident and getting the PT Cruiser into the shop and getting a rental car...oh and prepping and cleaning for Thanksgiving the next day!
Needless to say, it was a very stressful day. We really don't have the extra money to be paying for and accident and a ticket and a rental car and get ready for the baby's arrival. And I am done working, so there will be no extra income. C'est la vie!
Also, I had on my plans to repaint in the family and dining room and hang a new light fixture above the dining room table...so all that got done too, I was determined.
Thanksgiving was small, just my mom came over. Brady had to work Thanksgiving night, so we ate early and everything was super yummy. I hate to brag, but I make the best turkey I've ever tasted. Thanks to the Naked Chef, Jamie Oliver's recipe!! Nathan napped through most of the meal, but joined us once he woke up.
The table all set and the turkey all done...stuffed with a apricot, pork and rosemary stuffing with a piping hot orange inside the cavity and bacon and garlic wrapped rosemary stems in the legs!!! YUMMY!
Nathan liked the yams and the cranberries, but since he's not a big meat eater he only took a couple bites of turkey.
The apple pie I made from scratch. Baking pies is one of my favorite things to do!
So, I have more pics to post, but its a pain to do, so I'll just say that after dinner Mom and Brady fell asleep and Nathan and I played and cleaned up. It was a good Thanksgiving.
First thing Friday morning I get a call from my doctor's office that I failed my gestational diabetes test and I have to take the three hour test. Yippee!!!! Well I don't know when I'll find time to do that, so in the mean time I have to cut sugar and carbs, my favorite things, especially during the holidays.
My mom, Nathan and I hit the mall with my sister and her kiddos to get "winter" clothes form Nathan. I was very proud of myself that I didn't buy anything new for the baby. Girl stuff is so much more fun to shop for. While we were at the mall, Nathan saw and met Santa Claus. He was head over heels!! We'd been practicing what to say and Nathan did great, climbed right on his lap and asked for a train.
My mom spent the weekend to help us get Sophie's room going, so Brady's parents took Nathan Friday night so we could paint. We got the room all painted a gorgeous light green then Saturday did the stripes in the same green color, but a glossy finish, so its very subtle.
We had bought a crib at Target and got it set up and I hated it. It was just dinky and not as sturdy as Nathan's bed, so that came down and I went to Babies R Us and got the perfect crib (thanks to my mom for pitching in the extra $)!
Nathan got home Saturday night then woke up Sunday morning calling for his Nana and puking his little guts out. My mom just cleaned it up and let Brady and me sleep in. Then two hours later he threw up again and just about every two hours after that! Brady had to work, so my mom stuck around to clean up puke. I can't handle it with my quesy stomach! He was running a fever and miserable, so he jsut laid on top of me most of the day and evening. So that was a fun day!
And remember, we stll have a car accident to deal with...so, Monday moning we got a call from our insurance company telling us that the lady Brady hit (who we think is an illeagal, so had a mexican driver's liscence and didn't speak english) has gotten herself a lawyer and is suing! Yippee! Then we still didn't have an estimate on our car because the shop was taking its sweet time. So its just a flury of phone calls all day! All we can do is hope and pray the insurance company can settle this and it won't go civil. I just keep seeing the dollar signs $$$ and all the money that was suppose to go to getting ready for the baby flying out of the window thanks to this accident.
Brady took Nathan to his occupational therapy in Scottsdale and I stayed home and sewed to relieve some stress. I finished Sophie's quilt and got started on the bedskirt, which was done on Tuesday.
Tuesday was a little less stressful, we hung Christmas lights outside and Nathan played in the mini-van we're renting. He really LOVES his van, as he calls it. I really love it too and we wish we could afford to get one! We got a call on the PT Cruiser and the damage is about $4000 but not enough to total it, darn! If it were totalled then we could get a van! So we're expecting the car to be done a couple weeks.
Wednesday, I had a work "party" to go to and it was nice to get away from the stresses at home. I really am going to miss the ladies (and gentleman) I work with. They're good peeps!
Yesterday, I started feeling just off in the morning, so I kept a steady stream of movies going for Nathan then once he went down for a nap I got so sick! My mom left work to come care for Nathan and me. I thought the puking was done and was getting ready for bed when it all came back! And I have a fear of vomitting so I will hold it down until I can't and then its a violent session just me and the toilet. Thankfully, I have a husband who cleaned me and the mess up and then tucked me in and ran to the store at 10 pm to get applesauce, bananas and gatorade for me to have today.
So today I woke up and I have all these broken blood vessels all over my face and my eyes and lips are still swollen. I'm a beautiful sight. Brady brought Nathan to his mom and I was aching from laying down, so that's why I'm posting the blog. :) I haven't eaten much, so I'm hoping it will pass quickly, Nathan's sickness did.
It just totally sucks to be 31 weeks pregnant and sick! I've also been having contractions, but I think they're a reaction to me not feeling well and then the baby moves and makes me feel quesy. It's a ton of fun!
So that's what's new with us! We're holding together the best we can. I'm a ball of stress regularly, so this past week and a half has been extremely tough on me. We'll get through it!
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear about your accident and being sick and all. It sounds like the baby's room is coming together beautifully! I can't believe I missed your baby shower! I was out of it being sick that weekend! Hope you had a great time. Let me know if you need anything in the next few weeks...I would love to help out. Have a great rest of the week!
Post a Comment