We had a wonderful Christmas. Nathan slept until 7am...I think the adults were more excited then he was, but as soon as we told him Santa came he jetted into the front room! Nathan has only asked for one thing, a train! His face lit up when he saw it all set up on the living room floor. He did not care to open any other present until he played for about an hour. We finally convinced him to open the other presents Santa left and his stocking. He got stacking blocks and wood lace ups and then a couple hot wheels and M&Ms in his stocking.
I made waffles for breakfast, then my mom took a nap while Nathan played. We didn't get to the rest of our presents until nearly eleven. I made baked brie and spinach artichoke dip and we had some shrimp cocktail for lunch...super yummy! We opened our presents, which were all great. Brady got a tool box from my mom and a joystick to play his computer game from me. I got a gorgeous jewelry box from my mom and some headphones for my ipod from Brady. Nathan got a new dump truck, a tee ball set and another train and more tracks from Nana to add to his set from Santa.
Nathan took a nap and woke up right as Brady's parents got to our house. Nathan got a fun rug with a town and roads to play with his hot wheels and a police car. Brady got a telescope (which he loves) and I got a replica of the Christus statue at the Temple's visitors center. It looks beautiful on the piano!
Then we microwaved dinner... seriously I'm too pregnant to cook. So thanks to Costco we had potroast and mashed potatoes, we made corn cassorole (opened up the cans), salad and for dessert Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (also from Costco). Dessert was Nathan's favorite, he is a chocolate lover!
It was a really good Christmas, just low key and simple!!! It was nice to spend time as a family and with our family!


No comments:
Post a Comment