Ok...I am two days into my gig as the Theatre Arts Teacher (I like that title, so I made it up) at QCHS! So far, so good...In addition to teaching Drama, I teach a section of Cinema I and a section of Cinema II...I want to pull my hair out at the Cinema I class!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is first hour, so they are all half dead and then I actually make them work and pay attention. They thought it was a free ride, easy credit...no ma'am, I don't just hand out A's, they must be earned! Ugh, I have this one girl who is an EYE ROLLER! That drives me CRAZY!!!
My saving grace of the day is my Advanced Drama class! Those kids just get it...I am doing some pretty advanced, college level work with them. I hope they can stay this focused all semester and I can do some pretty cool stuff work.
Nathan and Sophie are adjusting. They tend to cling to me when I get home in the afternoon until they go to bed, which is what I expected. Nathan asks to go with me every morning and Sophie refuses to let go, growls at Brady when he takes herm then cries as I walk out the door. Hopefully, it will get easier!
Anyway....that's my quick update!!
3 comments:
That is so cool that you have a job that you are so good at! I remember in high school how much you loved drama! I hope things get easier with your kids!
It will get easier at school and with your kids. How exciting for you to be working in the area that you love and getting paid at the same time. I am sure that you are going to have a great time!
I'm glad to hear the job is going well. Such is the life with teenagers- sometimes I want to throw something at them. Since that isn't allowed, I just scream and threaten that they will fail high school. Maybe you could come up with something about failing college...
Post a Comment