
I have never experienced the devastation of loosing a child. I pray I will never have to understand that kind of suffering. It seems as though in this past year, I am surrounded by women who have.
I read blog posts or facebook posts or hear stories from friends who've lost their small, precious children either before they were born, suppose to be born or shortly after. My heart breaks, the tears flow and I ache for these mothers.
Whether these women are mothers already or on their path to becoming mothers, it matters not. I can understand the deep, gut wrenching pain they must feel. I believe that once conceived, that child is yours. The strength these women have amaze me because this heartache is far beyond what I could endure.
I am blessed and I know it. I hug my children tighter, hold them closer, breath them into my soul. I know their presence in my life is a gift, a true blessing.
These are our precious little ones...some may go before their mothers can kiss them, but I know these children choose their mothers for the remarkable women they are.
2 comments:
What a beautiful post, Lola! :)
Thank you, Lola! I needed to hear that! {HUGS}
Post a Comment