Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Two Months Old

Its so hard to believe that this little guy is two months old! I was thinking the other day as I held him that a year ago having another baby was the LAST thing on my mind, I was happy with two children and being a teacher. What a difference a year makes!

Now, I couldn't imagine not having my Carter Quinn. He's sweet spirit fills my heart, especially after the trials I've been through this past year. He is what I needed. I know our family is complete when I look into his deep eyes. I know he chose me to be his mother on this Earth and I know he will be mine forever.

I've been feeling such a deep responsibility lately for my children. I want to be a good mother and for them to have good, full lives...

Anyway, let me give you the update on Carter!


(This was taken by Nathan at Disneyland)
Carter had a Nuclear Test done to check his kidney function. The kidneys are working, but the right one works less effectively than the left. Its not going to require surgery!! YEAH! We will go back to the urologist every few months for ultrasounds and check-ups, but he's a healthy little guy.


(On the beach in San Diego)

He had his two month check up this week and weighs in at 13 lbs 3 oz and is 23.5" tall, which puts him in the 80th and 70th percentiles, my other two were always in the 90th, so he's my runt! His head is only in the 50th percentile, Nathan's head is still off the charts (to hold all those brains).

I'm also proud to report that Carter's a 100% breastfed baby! Its my goal for him to not have any formula in his life. We haven't even bought a can of formula. Nathan was supplemented and Sophie had some only when I didn't have any frozen milk. I know it may sound silly, but I think "Mommy Milk" is one of the best things I can do for my kids and I thought it'd be hard to nurse with two older kids running around, but it hasn't been too bad. Nathan & Sophie have adapted well and they sure do love their brother. :)

1 comment:

Devin & Ruthann said...

You can do it! I feel like it's best too. Jaxon had formula a few times when I was figuring out breastfeeding for the first time, but Henry never tasted formula.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails