I am now officially 31 years old...well I have been for three days and I'm still alive and kicking. :) I'm in my 30s now, I can't go back and can now see a glimpse of my future. My 20s were about college, getting married and having babies and now in my 30s I can focus on raising my children, by the time I'm 40 Nathan will be 15, Sophie will be 12 and Carter will be 10, so the next 9 years are crucial ones...so in my 40s I can finish up child raising and send them on their merry way and have the rest of my life ahead of me! :) I'm a planner and have been thinking about what my future will hold...
I have also been seriously thinking about something that could change my life. I'm thinking about homeschooling my kids...I haven't been happy with some of the things Nathan's been picking up in school. He's way smart and I don't think that's being fully tapped into. He's also a way hard kid, more difficult to read his behavior and cooperate with then most kids. Sometimes I don't know what to do with it, what to do with him...I love that school is an escape for both of us. I get a break from his intensity and he gets a break from my frustration.
That's why I'm totally questioning WHY this idea of homeschooling has been weighing on me. I am not happy with some of the language and habits he's been picking up at school. He's passing on word like "poop" and "stupid" and "idiot" to Sophie and I know it will get worse as he gets older. She's a little mockingbird and loves saying things that brother has taught her.
I have some serious thinking to do...can we afford it? Do I have the patience to do it? Where do I find resources? When will I ever get a break from the kids?
I think Nathan would excel with one on one teaching...I know Sophie is ready to start learning letters and numbers...I don't have an answer yet...maybe by the time the next school year comes, after we've moved and depending on the school district we're living in...maybe then I'll know.
No comments:
Post a Comment