Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bye Bye Diaper and No More Baby Food

We have had a lot of growing up happening around our house in the last week and a half! Last Monday, Nathan came home from school and I just made up my mind that I'm tired of changing diapers all day and spending the money to diaper two kids. Nathan is old enough and sure the heck smart enough to be potty trained.

I did what any sensible parent does, I bribed...I mean rewarded him for going in the potty! He loves taking pictures, so I made a chart for stickers and I promised him that he could have his very own camera for Christmas if he goes in the toilet. It worked! Of course, now he wants Christmas to come so he can have his camera (I thought it would take longer then a day.) He's had a few accidents, but after two days it was like he's never worn diapers!

Nathan rocks at going pee, but pooping is another issue. He would hold it in until night when he had a diaper on or if he couldn't, then he'd go in his underwear. I refuse to clean that, so I throw them away...I needed to find another bribe...I mean reward we could afford now...and he LOVES our fish tank, so I promised him that if he pooped in the toilet then we would move the tank into his room and buy new fish! It worked! He's been going both 1 & 2 in the toilet for almost a week!!

I am so proud of Nathan!! He is growing up so fast...we went on a Mommy & Nathan date last night to Petco and he picked out three yellow platies for his tank. He was so happy and he gave me a hug and said he had a fun date! Then we got home and threw away his changing pad and set the tank up in his room. He loves the extra light at night!

Our problem now is that he's so well potty trained that he is getting up at 4 AM to go potty instead of just going in his diaper at night...once he's up then he won't go back down, so the early mornings are torture...we'll work it out!

Now on to my big girl, Sophie...yes, in case you didn't get the memo...Sophie is no longer a baby, or so she thinks. Sophie has been puling up on furniture and cruising for a few weeks and now she lets go and just stands there. I think she'll be walking in a month!

Also, since Sophie is a big girl, baby food is long gone! She wants what we eat and REFUSES to open her mouth for anything on a spoon. It's really great because Sophie will sit in her chair and feed herself cheerios, pasta, bananas, pears, peas, carrots, peaches for an hour! She's so happy to sit there and eat.

I love this little girl! She's the best, happiest baby!! She will crawl all around the house finding stuff to entertain herself. She only cries when she's tired or hungry. Sophie is my snuggler and gives the best hugs!
I have my moments where being a mommy is so hard...then I have moments where being a mommy is the best thing ever!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Way to go Nathan! We are so proud of you! That is such a nice feeling. Hooray for Sophie. That is such a big girl. We miss you guys to death. We love you!

Keara said...

Lola!
I'm so happy everything is working out for you. Your kids are getting to be so big, but they're still the cutest ever. I miss them so much :(

Becky said...

can you come over and help Emilee with her #2 problems??? No amount of bribing helps that girl . . . I'm hoping this will be over before kindergarten

Jeanne' said...

It is so amazing how fast the time goes and how fast kids pick things up! That is so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails