It was an interesting experience...I learned that people barely change (or if they do, high school mentality sucks ya back in), cliques exist past high school, high school are four of the most important years of your life, friendships can last long past high school....Going quenched my curiousity of what a reunion is and I don't feel a need to go again (like to my 20th or beyond). It was nice to see who grew up and who didn't change.
Brady stayed at home, which was a good thing because he would've been BORED, and my BFF Jen came with me and brought her newest baby, Analia.
The funniest moment of the night was when this girl asked me who I came with and I replied and gestured toward, Jennifer. She then asked, "oh is Jen your girlfriend?" - YES, she really did ask that! And I said, "no, just best friend, our husbands are at home." She was a little embarrassed and apologized saying "you never know nowadays." :) I wasn't offended...I didn't exepct to be married with children in high school and I guess my tough feminist shell made people not think so either!! It did make everyone at my table have a good laugh!
Here I am with my super hot girlfriend, Jen!
Nathan who is the husband of Jeanne, my friend from HS.
Nathan was a good sport, being the only husband and guy at our table!
Jen and Shelly holding Analia
Analia was the star of the night, everyone wanted a look at the cutest baby!!
The reunion was at Chase Field, cool, huh..well it was in a lounge at Chase Field.
Here's the party crowd.
Here is my overall score card:
Food - B (decent except the pasta was dry - needed to be planned by someone with event planning experience)
Venue - B (would've been cooler if the field was lit or we were on the actual field)
Games/Entertainment - D (only the popular people got to play, no surprise and there was no creativity...should have involved everyone who paid)
Price - C (not as expensive as some reunions, but still needed more for the price)
Average - C+
I did have fun, as I did in high school. I'm not a popular girl, but I don't need to be. I have good friends. I can have fun anywhere. And gosh darn it, people like me!
4 comments:
I had a good time too! I agree with about everything you said! I had fun hanging out with friends, and having fun! :) Nathan was a good sport! :) He owed me, I went to his! And all he did was talk to girls!!!!
I have to agree on the ratings. It was cool though to nurse by the elevator that the players use. Thanks for making me go- I am glad I went. It was fun to feel like we were back in high school again for a couple of hours. Things sure don't change too much.
Lola- hey thanks for the rundown on the reunion-since I didn't go. looks like i didn't miss too much- a lounge? except YOU of course! I drug Jason & my fam to the picnic during the day- there was like 20 of us, but it was nice to catch up with some of the HHS gals!
I'm still sorry I missed it...though it appears that I really keep in touch with the people who matter...right?! :)
Post a Comment