Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cat's Out of the Bag

Nathan has always been an animal lover, gets it from both me and Brady, and he's been asking for a puppy for a long time. He loves our dog, but I think he wants a connection all his own with an animal. Well, a puppy is too big of a commitment for us right now....so we put the idea on the back burner.

Then I saw my friend Ben post on Facebook that he had found a kitten in a thunderstor, and wanted to find her a good home. I showed Brady and he has a soft spot for orang tabby cats, so we decided to make her Nathan's 4th birthday present. Nathan does so great at feeding and watering the dog everyday, we knew he could handle the responsibility. In fact, Nathan thrives on having jobs and tasks all his own to do.

We went Monday morning to pick her up and kept it a surprise till we got to the house. Nathan and Sophie both were so excited to be getting a kitten. We got in the car and I asked Nathan what he wanted to name her, since she was his kitten. We talked over a couple named and he said "I'll call her Carrot, she told me that's what she looks like" So Carrot came home and has been a great addition to our family.
She really is the most patient cat I've ever seen and is constantly purring! She lets Sophie and Nathan both pick her up to hold her. Carrot has fallen asleep numerous times in Nathan's arms and sleeps in his bed at night, he is in HEAVEN with her!
Sophie loves to chase Carrot and dump her water out, but Carrot is so patient and never jumps when Sophie squeals with delight! Sophie loves to watch Carrot chase the laser pointer and they both love popping bubbles.
I like having a snuggle buddy at night while Brady works late and Carrot loves to curl up on the computer desk while I type all my stuff getting ready for the next school year. She also loves chasing the mouse pointer on the computer screen.
We're so glad Carrot came to our family!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails