Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Little Backrub to Feel Better

I was feeling down today with a headache after getting home...just overwhelmed, stressed and lonely...I have so much going on that I needed time so I went to lay down. Nathan and Sophie were playing really well with each other and I took advantage of the chance for some peace and quiet.

It didn't last long before Nathan came into my room and asked me if I was ok. I told him I was tired as he climbed up in my bed next to me. He put his little hand on mine and asked, "Would a backrub make you feel better?". "Yes, baby" I replied. He got the ball roller I have for backrubs and started rolling it on my back. "Just take some deep breaths," he told me as he tenderly loved me.

I just was so grateful in that moment to have him, so being the girl that I am, I started to cry and told him that I loved him. Then he said, "Mommy, this little backrub was suppose to make you feel better, not make you cry, silly." Yep, those were his exact words! So what was I suppose to do except grab him and enjoy some tickle torture time.

Thank you, my darling Nathan!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails