Ok, so I've been teaching for a month... I really do have great students overall. I like starting out from the beginning of the year, I feel like the classroom is mine and I have better control over my students. I wish I was a better teacher...no, what I really wish is that there was more than 24 hours in a day and I wish I could clone myself so I could do everything expected of me at school at home!
I think my hardest problem to overcome is the amount of work I have and never feeling good enough. I don't feel like a good enough teacher, my students could have a better teacher. I don't feel like a good enough wife, my house is always messy and I never have time for Brady. I don't feel like a good enough mom, my children are well taken care of by my mom, husband and mother-in-law, but it should be me. They cry when I leave and I don't have the energy they deserve of me when I'm done with my school day. My temper is short most evenings. We eat frozen food for almost every meal. I feel sick from all the crappy food I put in my body.
I've been in rehearsals for "Much Ado About Nothing", the show I chose to produce for the fall, fo three weeks. I think its going really good! Again, more time in the day would be great. I was able to borrow most of my costumes, but there's still a ton I have to sew. Plus, I have a set to build and paint and props to make and I need to design a light plot and sound... I'm just one person....right??
The kids are doing a great job picking up Shakespeare and getting all the blocking and stuff I'm throwing at them everyday! I'm praying everything will come together. Save the dates September 17-19 to come down to QCHS and see my first ever fully produced show!
5 comments:
Lola you are amazing! I feel overwhelmed just trying to be a stay at home mom. I would go crazy if I had to work too. I feel like a failure most days and I don't do half of what you do!
Hey Lola I'm sorry you are always so busy! I rarely feel like I'm a good enough mommy and wife and I stay home with the kids. I don't know how you do it all!
So, as one working woman to another- here's my 2 cents. Get a cleaning lady. I just did this year- I figure if I'm doing piano lessons (which I hate) I can pay someone else to do something I hate. For us she only comes once a month, but it's awesome. She does all the hard cleaning I can't stand to do and the little stuff I don't have time to do. The more people I talk to about it, the more they agree. They tell me, "if the momma is working, pay someone to clean!" Good luck with trying to find a balance. I feel for you!
Lola, you ARE amazing! Please don't doubt that for a second. You can do this, the Lord has some amazing things in the works for you, so be patient. Everything will work out, this will be but a stepping stone in the rest of your wonderful life. I love you, and I know that you are an awesome mother, teacher, and wife. You can do it! The second you think you can't, get down on your knees, and you will soon realize that you can. Keep smiling no matter what, and remember you're in my prayer :)
Hey girl! I don't think anyone is as good at everything as they should be. I know I am not. I think you are better than you give yourself credit for. I think you are wonderful. I am excited to see your play. Is there a matinee showing on Saturday? I love you girl!
Post a Comment