Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Baby...

Here is a picture of the new baby...the hand is up by the face and the other one is on the belly. The baby is looking straight at you.

Yesterday was the ultrasound and it was the most HORRIBLE ultrasound I have ever had, even when I had the amnio when I was pregnant with Sophie was better.

The tech didn't even want to do an ultrasound on me because according to the doctors due date I was 17 weeks 3 days and according to my LMP I am 18 weeks 4 days. The ultrasound is suppose to happen in the 18th week. So she wanted me to reschedule for next week, but I can't.

Brady lost his job and our insurance runs out tomorrow so the ultrasound had to be done because I will not have insurance for the rest of my pregnancy, unless by some miracle I get approved for state aid.

She was a half hour late starting the ultrasound, then it last a whopping 7 minutes (3:42 pm to 3:49 pm)...that's all the time I had to see my baby. She didn't acknowledge my husband or kids and didn't take time to point anything out to us. Nathan was so excited to see his new baby that I was so sad for him. With Sophie's ultrasound Nathan was totally involved in the event.

Then I was told my appointment was changed to a different doctor. I only ever see Dr. Guzman, he's the only reason I go to that office. So that upset me too. Then the doctor comes in and stands on the complete opposite side of the room, the farthest she can get away from me and tells me that the ultrasound tech couldn't get all the measurements she needed.

The reason is that there were too many fat layers to go through to see everything clearly. Yep...she called me FAT! Then was told that there is something wrong with the baby's kidneys and I need to have a perinatal ultrasound...wonderful, but I no longer have insurance.

So had a short and horrible ultrasound, didn't see my doctor, was called fat and told that there is something wrong with the baby...October had already been a REALLY hard month but it had to end like this.

The only good thing to come out of yesterday is that we found out what we're expecting...

Do you see the little turtle tucked between the legs? Yep, we're having a boy!!

We know the middle name will be Quinn, but need to come up with a first name...

3 comments:

Vickie said...

What a rotten tech! I've had four babies and I've never had an experience like that. You poor thing! I hope things start looking up for you and yours soon.
Congrats on the boy!

Heather said...

Congrats on your little boy! I am so sorry that things were so crappy for you, just know that you guys are in our prayers.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry, Lola. We'll be praying for you. Hopefully, you can get AHCCCS. In the meantime, you should check out this website www.mihs.org. They have maternity packages and it looks like a good deal to me. Congrats on your boy! We are jealous.
Kim B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails