Brady starts a new job tomorrow...he has 4 weeks of training with normal day hours, but then will be working overnight shift (10 pm to 8:30 am) starting in mid-December. It is going to be very hard for us to adjust to it and I hate the idea of being alone in the house at night...I've always had this abnormal fear of being murdered in the middle of the night by a burglar (all those stupid crime shows I've watched since I was young).
I am thankful he has a job and was only without one for a month. I hope he'll like it and do well at it and I hope he has a really good supervisor, his last one at Verizon was a big giant JERK!
Also, we have health insurance. We qualified to receive state aid and although I know we won't abuse the system and we've been paying taxes forever, there is still a feeling of shame and guilt and just lowliness that comes with going through that process.
At least now I can go back to the doctor and get another ultrasound to make sure this little baby will be healthy when he comes. My mind has been so focused on the "what if" and I've been really distracted thinking about what we'll do if there's something wrong with his kidneys and if it is something I did...just normal mom worries.
There will be changes in my life too and I will post about that a little later. I have a busy week with school, Brady's new job and I'm taking my students to Thespian Festival this weekend (2000 drama kids, oh joy)!
2 comments:
Congrat's to Brady on the job!! Where's he workin at? I know how you feel about the insurance we have had to do that too, I know all the feelings that come with it, bust just think that you are going to be on it forever!
I hope everything goes better at your next appointment and I hope you baby boy is fine,You and your family are in our daily prayers.:)
hey, long lost cousin! It's been a long long time since I've seen you! I'm sorry to hear about your ultrasound. We had a very cold tech like that once, too. We will be thinking about you and your family!
Trish (Hammond) Fine
p.s. tell "Aunt" Vicki I said hello!
Post a Comment