We've moved to a new home. It was a bittersweet day last Saturday as I watched our first house empty and we moved two streets South.
It has been a difficult year for us as Brady has lost his job twice and is now working less hours for less pay. He's constantly looking for a better opportunity and has had a lot of "no's" in the last few months. Brady is starting school again on August 17th. He's finishing a degree in Information Technology; Network Security. The plan is for him to complete his Bachelor's degree in a year and a half and then continue on to a Master's degree in Engineering.
I quit my job in December. It was a hard decision, but we prayed about it and felt strongly my place was at home with our children. Yes, the extra money of my income would be nice, but remember that at least half of my income would go to childcare. The other day I picked Nathan up from school and as we were driving home he said to me, "Mom I'm glad your job is just to be my mom. I don't want you to ever work, except to take care of us." My heart melted and God confirmed to me that I am where I need to be. It is a struggle, but we make it work. (We haven't been on a date since before Carter was born)
The best part of the last five months is the birth of our sweet Carter Quinn. He's such a doll and a great baby. I love him!
So with the addition of a baby and all those expenses minus Brady's job and my job equals out to an unhappy mortgage company. We'd been trying to do a workout, but their idea of one was $100 off our near $1500 mortgage payment. Its been about a two year battle to work out something with Chase. We didn't make enough money at first, then when I was working we made too much for a workout, then Brady lost his job once then a second time and that was it. We got a foreclosure notice, but were able to stall that sale date for a bit. Our house is now up for a short sale (if you know anyone who wants to buy a house send 'em my way) but if it doesn't sale soon then it will go into foreclosure.
I cry a lot. I am mourning for my home, for the home we watch being built, where I brought two of my children home from the hospital to. My home where Sophie learned to walk, where Nathan rode his bike for the first time, where Carter first rolled over. My home with all the memories...our home.
I love that house and I always will. We could've stayed until the bank came knocking on the door, but I can't live in the unknown. We started packing and looking for a rental. I'm so thankful to my friend, Joy. She was moving out of her rental home and contacted us about moving in. It is 500 square feet larger and costs half of our monthly mortgage.
We are settling in. In a week's time we have completely unpacked the downstairs and set the loft up as an ultimate play room for the kids. They both love having their own space.
I know that there are many families who have gone, are going through, or will go through similar situations as ours. It has been such an extremely lonely and humiliating experience though. I am trying so hard not to get down. I smile when in public and work hard when at home... I like the new house and hoping to make new memories soon...wishing I could throw a party!
We hope to be able to stay here until Brady finishes school, then we will explore moving far from San Tan Valley...Queen Creek...even Arizona!
3 comments:
I am glad to hear that you are moving in and getting settled. I wish I could be there to help you. We would have an unpacking party! =)
Keep your head up, we are only given what we can handle (but I'm sure you hate hearing that as much as I do) but one day you'll look back on all of your new memories and be grateful for them just as much.
Best of luck friend!
Lola-
I know the feeling of having to move out of your home..it is awful and I hated it! I know the Lord knows what is best for us and things will be get better! I cry probably about as much as you do! You are not alone! The Lord is looking out for you!
Sorry you are having a rough time. Joy's advise is good. I am here to help anytime!
Post a Comment