Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

We had a fun Independence Day! It had been a few weeks since I was "in town" so the kids and I drove in Thursday and went to the mall to play at the big indoor toy. Nathan LOVES it and it gets a lot of his energy out. Plus, he loves the pet store and his good looks usually gets one of the workers to get a puppy out for him to play with. It was way fun to be out of the house for the day!

Friday morning we got up and caught the first showing of WALL-E! SO CUTE! Sophie was enthralled with the movie, Nathan didn't want to sit still and I took him out twice just to keep him from getting too bored. And the guy behind us snored through the whole movie, so annoying! My mom was holding Sophie and had her sitting up so she could watch the movie. I looked over and Sophie was asleep sitting up then snorted so loudly and woke herself up! She fell back asleep on my Mom's shoulder.

Then we all went to Olive Garden for lunch...Brady, Me, the kiddos, my mom and Brady's parents. It was a fun day!

I got some pictures of the kids, but Nathan wasn't into having his picture taken...so here's a few of Sophie. She is my super smiley girl! I never knew babies could be as wonderful as she is!!

Sophie is getting strong and pushing up and scooting. Once in a while she'll get her knees up, but she mostly scoots backwards and frustrates herself.

What a firecracker our Sophie Grace is!!

We have a tradition of watching fireworks at my mom's house. Apache Junction shoots their city fireworks off across the street from her neighborhood. We sit on her driveway and watch them. Sophie slept through the fireworks that night, but Nathan was up and excited. He was worried they'd be loud but once they started he was good. My iPod played the music Disneyland plays to their fireworks show and it was so cool, just like we were in the Magic Kingdom!!
Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

The Stanford Bunch said...

WAYYY cute pictures!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails