I've tried to get pictures uploaded to a slide show, but that's not working, so I'll share some of my favorite moments.
We had the opportunity to go to Disneyland for a day - TOTAL INSANITY with three small children, but worth every minute. If Disney sold real estate in the park, we'd do ANYTHING to own some. :)
Anyway...there's a Princess Pavillion where parents get suckered into waiting over an hour in line just so their Princesses can meet the Disney Princesses. There's three princesses in the pavillion at a time and they rotate, so you don't know who's there until you wait and see. Brady is a good Daddy and Sophie's got him wrapped around her finger, so he bought her some popcorn and waited in line with Carter while I took Nathan on the Matterhorn (which he was scared to death, but it was fun).
Sophie would live in a fairytale if she could...and in fact often does...she's always one princess or another going to a ball to dance with, as she says "my prince charmin'"! We watch at least one princess movie a day and she is absorbed into it, becoming the character and acting out what she watches on screen.
When we reached the inside of the Princess Pavillion, I was kind of dissapointed. Sophie's favorite princesses are Snow White & Cinderella, Belle & Ariel come in close behind. None of those princesses where there as we turned the corner...it was Sleeping Beauty...now she's one of my favorites, but Sophie's refused to watch the movie so I surprised when Sophie let out this little *GASP* and ran into Sleeping Beauty's arms. She could have hugged her forever! Oh & now Sleeping Beauty is the movie of the moment...except Sophie decided to chew on the DVD the other day and its ruined...we have tears because she wants to watch it!!
Sophie wasin heaven. It was so nice because we didn't feel rushed through the pavillion & Sophie could chat and hug each princess & get their autograph.
Jasmine was next...
The last princess made the wait completely worth it! TIANA!! Sophie's obsession is "The Princess & the Frog" so she was excited beyond words to see & hug Tiana. She even summed up some of the movie for Tiana - "You kiss a frog" she kept saying and Tiana interacted right back with parts of the movie, it was so cute.
Nathan even got in and met all the Princesses. Its so fun to see these two meeting these characters they watch all the time. I could see Nathan being a little skeptical of these people in "costumes" (having a mama in theatre does that)...but to Sophie it was like they walked out of their movies and were there for only her!
2 comments:
So cute! Ben and I are taking the girls to Disneyland in October. They've never been. I can't wait!
I love Disneyland and these pics made me want to go again!!!
Post a Comment