I got a lot of facebook birthday wishes, a few texts and a couple phone calls and even some cookies. It was great to hear from so many people!
Funny story, I was in the shower and Nathan comes into the bathroom and tells me that my friend, Joy, is at the door. I asked him how he knew and he said he answered the door! My heart sank, knowing this was not a good thing for him to be doing but then part of me was proud that he's so independent. (He loves to answer the phone, too) We had a good talk about what to do when the doorbell rings and mommy or daddy can't answer it. I think he understood...when I got out of the shower we enjoyed the cookies that Joy & Ruthann brought me! Thanks, ladies!
Brady came home from work and slept while I took the kids to the park then Nathan to school and Sophie back home to nap. After Nathan got out of school we dropped the kids off at Brady's parents house and went to Red Robin for my free birthday burger! My sister and her husband and my mom were suppose to meet us, but my sister was really sick so they stayed at home (thanks, I don't feel like being sick anytime soon). My mom came still and we ate really good burgers and then saw "Sherlock Holmes" (really good movie)!
I was spoiled for gifts! My mom bought me new dishes, which I've been wanting for forever! Brady's parents gave me cash, which I spent the next day but bought NOTHING for myself...funny how things change when you're a mom. I needed stuff for the baby's room and Sophie needed spring/summer clothes so that's where the $ went. FYI, I've learned not to give me cash because I never buy anything for myself. Brady's grandparents sent me some money too and that will probably go to buying overhead storage for our garage.
Brady and the kids gave me a great present! Brady bought tickets to go see the musical "Mary Poppins" in February! SO EXCITED!!
Brady, me and Nathan are going to go. I'm excited to take Nate, this will be his first Broadway musical and I just know he'll love it! I can't wait for February 17th!!Sophie's birthday is Wednesday and then Brady's is on Saturday...its a crazy 8 days filled with birthday fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment