The rain has been such a welcomed change for this house. The kids love to stand on the patio and watch it come down and I love to have at least one window opened to hear the sound of the rain.
On Thursday, the wind was whipping with gusts up to 60 mph (there was a tornado warning that night), but when I picked Nathan up from school he wanted to go see the "ocean" that formed at the park near our house. I always loved windy day adventures as a kid, so we got bundled up and walked to the park!
We guessed the water to be about a foot and a half deep and if it had been warm, then the kids would've jumped right in. Sophie and Nathan liked trying to skip rocks on the water.
The wind was blowing so hard that little Sophie could barely stay standing on the play toy. She used daddy as a shelter.
Nathan said the park looked like Mexico and San Diego (the two places we've been to where there's ocean). He wanted to jump in and swim!
The cold day gave us a good excuse to bundle up (as much as we can for Arizona) and we got to use the hats I made! Amazingly, the kids kept their hats on...motivated by the whipping wind! We had cold hands and faces, but our heads stayed nice and toasty!
It poured rain Thursday night and Friday morning the entire park, up to the toy in the sand was flooded! I have never seen this much rain in such a short time in all my years here in Arizona! It was AWESOME....it'd be nice next time to get a little snow (it snowed in Gilbert when I was in 5th grade, so totally great)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment