Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Attitude

I'm going to try to be positive this week...the key word is TRY! So far we've had a really nice week...calm and quiet and a lot of time as a family. I'm really trying, but the fatter I get the harder it is.

I do laundry like every three days so I can wear the same three shirts, so I got online and ordered some new ones. I was tired of wearing five year old maternity clothing, so new clothes will help me be positive as I reach my goal manatee size!

I am testing my blood sugar four times a day and I haven't had a piece of chocolate in a week! I truly do think I will die from not eating chocolate these next five weeks...but I did had a couple skinny cow ice cream sandwiches on days my sugar was low and that's positive, plus they're low fat.

Sophie is having meltdowns over the simplest things. Monday morning it was because Daddy wasn't home and I had to change her diaper. So I changed her, gave her and Nathan some milk, put on the Disney Channel and went back to bed for a half hour. They survived, which is positive!

And we've put into play a reward system called "Daddy Dollars" and "Mommy Market" in our house. The kids have little banks and they can earn paper dollars with Brady's face on them for making good choices and doing chores; save them up and then go shopping at the Mommy Market for little/no cost to us rewards. Nathan caught on right away and loves spending his dollars on Wii and computer time. He's just saved up 10 dollars and will be buying a date with Mommy & Daddy (that's the big prize). Sophie understands the system and mostly buys treats like fruit snacks and pop tarts. :)

The reward system has made for a calmer home the last week and a half we've been doing it....and that's definately a positive thing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails