Thursday, March 6, 2008

All By Myself...

Can I tell you how lonely Queen Creek is! AGH! My biggest pet peeve of living here is that its in the middle of NOWHERE... a half hour drive to my mom's house, 40 minutes to my sister's house, 45 minutes to my BFF's house and a good 45 minutes to an hour to get to a decent mall...

Brady's been working a butt-load of overtime, he puts in 50-60 hours a week and although I'm glad he's working so hard to provide for our family.

I've got the kids on a routine this week to where their naps overlap about an hour in the afternoon - Nathan's in bed by 8:30 pm and Sophie's down by 9:30 pm - so I veg out because I'm flippin exhausted by the end of the night!

I broke down tonight and drove the 40 minutes to my sister's house just so Nathan could play with his cousins and I would have a few minutes here and there with just one child hanging from me and not the usual two.

Our ride home made up for any sanity gained as Sophie (who hates her carseat, such irony for us who have to drive everywhere) screamed the entire way home, Nathan was upset because he couldn't hear his movie and wanted milk and lifesavers and so I blasted my favorite opera CD and pretended to know the words as I sang at the top of my lungs...which made Nathan even more upset. Oh well. Then Nathan refused to get in bed so as Sophie lay screaming in my arms I chased Nathan around the hallway, caught and lifted Nathan with one arm into his bed and went out to feed Sophie listening to Nathan scream for milk and lifesavers for another half hour before sleep won. Thankfully, Sophie fell asleep without arguement.

*SIGH* Ok, vent, rant and pitty party on blog complete. Now I will snuggle my baby girl in bed and wait for my husband to come home...should be in by midnight tonight.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

yeah we do live in the sticks. You can always bring Nathan over to play with my girls. Kenna plays quite well with boys. I know what it is like to want to get out of the house.. what will I do with three crawlin on me??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails